• 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
• 1/2 cup celery, sliced
• 1/2 cup carrots, diced
• 1/4 – 1/3 cup scallions, sliced
• 1/4 cup or so humus or tahini (any vegan mayo works too)
• 1 – 2 tablespoons mustard (stoneground or dijon)
• sea salt & cracked pepper, to taste
• dash of garlic powder
• juice of 1 lemon, optional
• small handful pepitos (pumpkin seeds), optional
• paprika/smoked paprika, garnish
Drain and rinse your chickpeas, place in medium size bowl and roughly mash with a fork, potato masher or pastry blender. Add the remaining ingredients and combine. Add more hummus if you like it creamier and taste for seasoning.
Serve however you like…make a sandwich, serve on a bed of leafy greens or scoop up with crackers or sliced vegetables like cucumbers, bell peppers, celery sticks, etc.
Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week.Note: For this article"mashed chickpea salad vegan (1)" terms has been used.